Thursday, September 30, 2010

Duffy in the dream

All these stories about the romance troops away in the war - and it would be breaking your heart says, dreamily humming the theme tune for us! 'And then she wanted to play something like that or Scott Walker, Otis Redding, and I did not know anything about this music, but it would take me away, in my mind. I'll be looking at rain in Nefyn, North Wales, but after that there was anything more than the music that happened to you than ever before. It was different from the choirs of the Eisteddfod and the hymns of the school. It was crude, with the crisp sounds of the Motown singers, or women like Patsy Cline - who sang for a place away from the age where I was sitting in the rain.  




  Even with the rain against the windows, skin, and we start talking about our childhood, and those days in the holidays when you want to go out to play but is locked within you, in every sense of comfort, luxury bored. It is a sunny afternoon gorgeous, and I was walking in west London studio where Duffy mixes her new album, but the time we sit down to talk, the weather has turned into one of these sudden storms and almost tropical end of the summer. A small coastal village on the peninsula Llyn, Nefyn with a population of 2600, though in the summer and inflation figures by tourists, so there were always new faces to flirt with the holidays. Her father, John, still runs the Constitutional Club, the pub at the heart of the community, and is described by Duffy as an ideal place for a child.  




He was sentenced at the end of the day is for three and a half years in prison, and died in 2002, not long after being released. 'Children take it as it is. No more than think about it. They do not care. That is what it is. Life was volatile, and you're just holding on tight and it took as it came. 'It was a blessing in disguise because I now write my songs in English, and I can not login properly and communicate in English. But I could not read even if you are up to 11. Although the moment I started doing English, I excelled in it. I got all my teachers, saying: "But if you did not go behind the bike sheds and smoke and Miss lessons, and you really want to be really good at this." I did not take education seriously, because I always know what you're going to do, for me it was the mere passage of time. Maintained by the family.
I remember when we were 18, me, my sister and all our colleagues in Nefyn, we hired a limousine and took it round Caernarvon and Bangor. That was a big deal. We spent all the money we have a birthday gala, every penny of it. We put everything together, and the six of us girls, and one bottle of champagne between us. It was amazing! We had for the whole night. '


No comments:

Post a Comment